During Lassus and Viollet-le-Duc’s major restoration of the cathedral, sacristy was entirely rebuilt  between 1845 and 1850 in a neo-Gothic style on the south side of the choir. The buildings were arranged around a small cloister that allowed access to the cathedral. This cloister’s arcatures were decorated with eighteen glass windows created by Gérente according to Steinheil’s cartoons. These windows represent the Legend of Saint Genevieve, the patron saint of Paris. Each window is accompanied by a Latin inscription that narrates the scene. The medallion on the main bay of the cloister portrays the Coronation of the Virgin, created by Gérente based on Steinhel’s drawings. Only the last six scenes from the life of Saint Genevieve are accessible to visitors from the Treasury corridor. The following slideshow presents the eighteen scenes. Their comments are inspired by that of Marcel Aubert .
 The previous site, built by Soufflot in 1758, was severely damaged during the riots on 29 July 1830 and 14 February 1831 when the archbishop’s palace and the sacristy were sacked and destroyed.
 In Notre-Dame de Paris, Historical and Archaeological bulletin. Longuet, 1909.